Running SMSF

What to do once your SMSF is active

If your SMSF has been established, you can use the Super Fund Lookup Service to confirm the details of your SMSF.

If the SMSF is listed as ‘Registered’ or ‘Complying’ then you can contribute into the SMSF and the Fund can receive rollovers from Retail/Industry Funds. Be mindful that SMSFs that have not lodged their Annual Return for 2 or more Financial Years may have their SMSF status listed as ‘Regulation Details Removed’ on Super Fund Lookup. When all overdue annual returns are brought up to date, the ATO will update the status on Super Fund Lookup on the first day of the new month.

For more information on new funds and NIL returns, follow this link.

Lost Super

You may have more than one Superannuation account if you changed jobs. To look up lost Super, use the resources as listed below:

To transfer lost super to your SMSF, you can complete a Rollover Benefits Request. This form is regarded as an instruction, and it will initiate funds to be rolled into your SMSF bank account. Alternatively, the ATO can transfer the lost super directly to your SMSF. For more information on transferring benefits to your SMSF, please view the information page here.

Have Questions?
Ask Superannuation Warehouse experts