• Home
  • Transferring Funds Out of your SMSF

Transferring Funds Out of your SMSF

You can also send Funds as a rollover from your SMSF back to a retail fund. The process of doing so is largely the same as when you roll funds into your SMSF. The form you need to fill out and send (from your SMSF to the retail fund) is called a Rollover Benefits Statement. To download the instructions on how to prepare the rollover benefit statement, please click here.

SuperStream required to rollover super to or from retail funds

From 1 October 2021, SMSFs will need to use SuperStream to rollover super to or from their retail/industry funds.

Things to note when using SuperStream:

  • The SMSF should have an electronic service address (ESA). To register for an ESA, please see this page.
  • The SMSF should have their updated details recorded with the ATO including the SMSF’s unique bank account

If you are one of our clients, we can fill in the Rollover Benefit Statement for you. All Trustees have to do is to provide us with the documents required to lodge the Annual Tax Return and we will then prepare the statement for you. Please see here for the checklist of documents that are required to prepare the Annual Return.

Have Questions?
Ask Superannuation Warehouse experts